NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship Winners
The NCAA awards up to 174 postgraduate scholarships annually, 87 for men and 87 for women. The scholarships are awarded to student-athletes who excel academically and athletically and who are in their last year of intercollegiate athletics competition.
The one-time grants of $7,500 each are awarded for fall sports, winter sports and spring sports. Each sports season (fall, winter and spring), there are 29 scholarships available for men and 29 scholarships available for women. The scholarships are one-time, non-renewable grants.
Eligibility is restricted to student-athletes at NCAA member institutions who, in their final year of eligibility, have performed with distinction as members of varsity teams in the sport for which they were nominated. Nominees must have a minimum grade-point average of 3.200 (based on a 4.000 scale), be nominated by the faculty athletics representative or athletics director, and intend to continue academic work beyond the baccalaureate degree as a part-time or full-time graduate student.
Northern Colorado has had 19 student-athletes win the award since 1968 and have seven award winners since the fall of 2003.
UNC's Postgraduate Scholarship Recipients
- Dennis Colson - Men's Basketball (1968)
- Larry Wagner - Wrestling (1971)
- Robert Bliss - Football (1976)
- Toby Moser - Men's Basketball (1990)
- Rebecca Frahm - Track & Field (1990)
- Tom Langer - Football (1991)
- Dana Cash - Volleyball (1994)
- Deb Ponis - Volleyball (1996)
- Missy McVoy - Women's Basketball (1998)
- Corte McGuffey - Football (2000)
- Kim Schiemenz - Track & Field/Volleyball (2000)
- Katie Hostetler-Farris - Cross Country (2001)
- Miranda Ernst - Cross Country (2003)
- Teale Goble - Volleyball (2003)
- Callie (Whitlock) Schoenherr - Track & Field (2003)
- Cabel Rohloff - Football (2003)
- Ben Brittenham - Track & Field (2004)
- Erin Deffenbaugh -Volleyball (2004)
- Reed Doughty - Football (2005)