January 9, 2013
Women's basketball preview: at Montana State, Montana
Northern Colorado (6-6, 3-0 Big Sky) at Montana State (9-4, 3-1 Big Sky)
Thursday, January 10, 2013 • 7:05 pm Mountain • Worthington Arena (7,250)
Northern Colorado at Montana (9-4, 3-1 Big Sky)
Saturday, January 12, 2013 • 2 pm Mountain • Dahlberg Arena (7,200)
Bears Quick Notes
• The win over Weber State on Thursday was the program's 500th. The Bears are now 501-537 in its 39th season of women's basketball.
• Northern Colorado is the only undefeated team remaining in Big Sky Conference play. The Bears are 3-0 for the first time since joining the league in 2006-07.
• Senior forward Lauren Oosdyke moved into a tie for 16th on the Big Sky Conference career free throws made chart after going 5-for-7 against Idaho State. She now has 340, knotting Eastern Washington's Vanessa Jones (1988-92).
• Northern Colorado currently ranks in the top 50 in the nation in both scoring defense (48th, 55.2) and rebounding margin (43rd, +6.7) and lead the Big Sky in scoring defense and rebounding defense (32.8).
• The Bears have won nine straight at home, tying for the fourth-longest winning streak in school history. The longest stretch was 16 consecutive in 1997-98.
• In the first three Big Sky Conference games, the Bears have forced 70 turnovers and recorded 42 steals.
• Northern Colorado has been picked to finish second by both the coaches and the media in the Big Sky Conference this season. The Bears received one first-place vote by the coaches and four from the media. Idaho State was picked to repeat as champions.
• Junior guard D'shara Strange is now second on the school's career steals chart with 196. She is just 17 shy of tying the record of 213 by Courtney Stoermer (2007-11).