Men's Tennis Fall Short Against Idaho State
April 16, 2008
POCATELLO, Idaho - The doubles competition provided the Northern Colorado men's tennis team with it only points on Sunday against Idaho State University in a day that ended 5-2 in favor of the Bengals.
Sophomore Andrew Buzako earned his first wins of his college career in singles and doubles against Idaho State. In singles Buzako topped David Kutchins in three matches (6-4, 5-7, 12-10). In doubles competition Buzako teamed up with sophomore Ryan Dunn to defeat Alex Buceta and Kutchins 9-7.
The Bears fall to 1-13 on the season and 0-6 in Big Sky Competition.
The Bengals improve to 2-13 and 2-5 in the Big Sky.
Northern Colorado will be back in action against Montana University in Missoula, Mont. on April 19, 2008 at 11:00 a.m.
Marc Pijoan/Danel Barrenechea (ISU) def. Paul Tschetter/Vinnie
Fallico (UNC) 8-6
2. Austin Nunn/Erik Morin (UNC) def. Javier Royo/Jeremy Atkin (ISU) 9-7
3. Ryan Dunn/Andrew Buzako (UNC) def. Alex Buceta/David Kutchins (ISU) 9-7
Marc Pijoan (ISU) def. Austin Nunn (UNC)
2. Javier Royo (ISU) def. Vinnie Fallico (UNC) 6-2, 6-0
3. Danel Barrenechea (ISU) def. Paul Tschetter (UNC) 6-3, 6-1
4. Alex Buceta (ISU) def. Erik Morin (UNC) 6-3, 6-2
5. Jeremy Atkin (ISU) def. Ryan Dunn (UNC) 3-6, 6-2, 10-5
6. Andrew Buzako (UNC) def. David Kutchins (ISU) 6-4, 5-7, 12-10