Weber State keeps down the Bears
April 12, 2008
OGDEN, Utah -- A shorthanded Northern Colorado's men's tennis team struggled against the Weber State Wildcats on Saturday, April 12.
The Bears (1-12, 0-5 in the Big Sky Conference) suffered a sweep in the doubles competition -- the last came by forfeit -- and then were unable to get a win in the six singles matches -- the last one of those was a forfeit loss, also.
Weber State improved to 12-8 and 5-1 in the Big Sky with the victory.
Northern Colorado will next compete against Idaho State on Sunday, April 13, in Pocatello, Idaho.
Weber State 7, Northern Colorado 0
1. Sascha Kiehne/Fabio Mancarella (WSU) def. Paul Tschetter/Vinnie Fallico, 8-4
2. Spencer Marchant/Ryan Garner (WSU) def. Austin Nunn/Ryan Dunn, 8-2
3. Nick Plum/Travis Covington (WSU) win by forfeit
1. Sascha Kiehne (WSU) def. Austin Nunn, 6-1, 6-0
2. Fabio Mancarella (WSU) def. Vinnie Fallico, 6-0, 6-3
3. Nick Plum (WSU) def. Paul Tschetter, 6-4, 6-2
4. Chris Williams (WSU) def. Ryan Dunn, 6-4, 6-2
5. Spencer Marchant (WSU) def. Andrew Buzako, 6-0, 6-1
6. Ryan Garner (WSU) wins by forfeit