Men's Tennis Falls to Air Force 6-1
March 20, 2006
USAF ACADEMY, Colo. - The University of Northern Colorado men's tennis team fell to in-state rival Air Force on Saturday by a score of 6-1 on Saturday.
The Bears (3-7) were unable to get anything going in doubles as the Falcons swept the trio of matches. Air Force was also solid in singles, taking the No. 1 through No. 5 matches. Only sophomore Austin Nunn was a winner, taking the No. 6 singles match by scores of 6-4 and 6-4 over Bjorn Langefeld.
Northern Colorado is back in action on Thursday when they challenge Colorado at 10 a.m. in Boulder.
Air Force 6, Northern Colorado 1
1. Shannon Buck (AF) def. Chris Minihan, 6-1, 6-0
2. Trevor Johnson (AF) def. Peter Weyrich, 6-2, 6-1
3. Robby Alexander (AF) def. Vinnie Fallico, 6-3, 6-1
4. Keith Cronican (AF) def. Paul Tschetter, 7-5, 6-1
5. Ryan White (AF) def. Kollman Gearhart, 6-4, 6-4
6. Austin Nunn (UNC) def. Bjorn Langefeld, 6-4, 6-4
1. Buck/Johnson (AF) def. Minihan/Weyrich, 8-1
2. Harrison Maloy/Ken Cotter (AF) def. Fallico/Tschetter, 8-5
3. Langefeld/Mike Clawson (AF) def. Gearhart/Nunn, 8-5