Fallico Wins Twice But Bears Fall in Men's Tennis
Feb. 17, 2007
LAS CRUCES, N.M. - Vinnie Fallico earned a straight-set victory in his No. 1 singles match, and teamed with Austin Nunn to win at No. 1 doubles, but every other match went Northern Arizona's way in a 6-1 defeat of Northern Colorado.
Fallico defeated the Lumberjacks' Gareth Ducray 7-6, 6-3, and along with Nunn, won 8-5 in doubles.
The men close out their weekend at New Mexico State with a 9 a.m. match against Texas-San Antonio
Northern Arizona 6, Northern Colorado 1
1. Vinnie Fallico (NCOL) def Gareth Ducray (NAU): 7-6, 6-3
2. Michael Platzer (NAU) def. Paul Tschetter (NCOL): 6-4, 6-4
3. Fernando Freitas (NAU) def. Kollman Gearhart (NCOL): 6-1, 6-0
4. Jeffrey Morys (NAU) def. Austin Nunn (NCOL): 7-5, 6-4
5. Bradley Bristow (NAU) def. Eric Kinsey (NCOL): 6-1, 6-4
6. Chris Arena (NAU) def. Kyle Barrett (NCOL): 6-4, 6-0
1. Fallico/Nunn (NCOL) def. Frasier/Bristow (NAU): 8-5
2. Morys/Platzer (NAU) def. Gearhart/Barrett (NCOL): 8-1
3. Arena/Ducray (NAU) def. Tschetter/Behm-Meyer (NCOL): 8-4