Bengals, Wildcats to host Bears on final leg of roadtrip
Northern Colorado notes | Idaho State notes | Weber State notes | Big Sky notes
GREELEY -- The Northern Colorado men's basketball team will hit the road again while traveling to Idaho State and Weber State in Big Sky Conference games. The Bengals welcome-in the Bears after losing just one home conference game so far, while the Wildcats are 6-0 at home during BSC play.
The Bears (13-6, 7-3 BSC) and the Bengals (7-12, 4-6 BSC) will first play at 7:05 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 6 at Holt Arena. UNC and WSU (11-7, 8-2 BSC) play two days later at 7:05 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8 at Dee Events Center.
Junior Tim Huskisson played a big part in the 82-75 win over the Bengals and the 70-51 win over the Wildcasts earlier in the season. The Willard, Mo., native averaged 17 points per game over the Jan. 9-11 weekend sweep whie first setting a career-high five assists vs. the Wildcats before setting a career-high 22 points scored vs. the Bengals.
Northern Colorado is coming off two losses to Portland State and Eastern Washington, falling 80-57 to the Vikings and 94-90 to the Eagles in overtime. Senior Derrick Barden paced all Bears players with 27 total points along with 19 rebounds in the two games. He first opened against PSU with 19 points and 11 boards, his sixth double-double of the season. Barden then followed up just two rebounds shy of another double-double, with 10 points and eight rebounds against Eastern Washington.
Game 20: Northern Colorado (13-6, 7-3 Big Sky) vs. Idaho State (7-12, 4-6 Big Sky)
When: 7:05 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6
Where: Holt Arena – Pocatello, Idaho
Coaches: B.J. Hill (56-54, 35-27 Big Sky @ UNC) vs. Bill Evans (13-36, 9-21 Big Sky @ ISU)
All-time series: ISU, 30-18
Series Record (Last Five)
2011-12 Idaho State 55-57 (Greeley, Colo.)
2011-12 Idaho State 94-99 (2OT) (Pocatello, Idaho)
2012-13 Idaho State 86-63 (Pocatello, Idaho)
2012-13 Northern Colorado 78-63 (Greeley, Colo.)
2013-14 Northern Colorado 82-75 (Greeley, Colo.)
Game 21: Northern Colorado (13-6, 7-3 Big Sky) vs. Weber State (11-7, 8-2 Big Sky)
When: 7:05 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8
Where: Dee Events Center – Ogden, Utah
Coaches: Bears - B.J. Hill (56-54, 35-27 Big Sky @ UNC) vs. WSU – Randy Rahe (161-82, 100-26 Big Sky @ WSU)
All-time series: WSU, 11-4
Series Record (Last Five)
2010-11 Weber State 72-71 (Ogden, Utah)
2011-12 Weber State 93-81 (Ogden, Utah)
2011-12 Weber State 88-71 (Greeley, Colo.)
2012-13 Weber State 79-54 (Ogden, Utah)
2013-14 Northern Colorado 70-51 (Greeley, Colo.)
- The Bears are in its fifth consecutive week in the Mid-Major Top 25 Poll and sixth overall.
- Senior Tate Unruh scored his 1,000th point last weekend vs. Portland State. He currently has 1,012 in his career at UNC.
- In Jan. 11's game vs. ISU, Unruh and junior Tim Huskisson both scored above 20 points while totaling eight 3-pointers between them. Barden also scored 11 points with nine boards, while junior Dominique Lee came off the bench for 12 points.
- UNC is averaging 72.3 ppg over the last seven meetings with ISU while allowing 70.1.
- Northern Colorado aims to grab its third win in a row and eight of its last 12 against the Bengals.
- UNC is averaging 68.0 ppg over the last seven meetings against WSU while allowing 73.4.
- The Bears will try for its first consecutive wins vs. the Wildcats in the series history.