Bears wrap up road trip with battle against the Bengals
Games 12: Nothern Colorado will wrap up its four-game road trip and look to stop a two-game losing streak against Idaho State.
When: 7:05 p.m. (MT) Saturday, Jan. 5.
Where: Pocatello, Idaho -- Holt Arena (12,000)
Live stats: isubengals.com
Radio: KFKA-AM 1310 (Troy Coverdale)
All-time series: The Bears are 16-29 all-time vs. the Bengals and 5-7 against them in Big Sky play. The Bears are 4-16 in Pocatello.
A LOOK AHEAD:
- At 7:05 p.m. (MT) Saturday, Jan. 5, Northern Colorado will conclude it's Big Sky-opening four-game road trip against an Idaho State squad still seeking its first Big Sky win.
- The Bears come into the matchup having lost their last two games and are coming off a 79-54 loss on the road on Thursday to Weber State.
- The Bengals come into Saturday's matchup with an 0-3 Big Sky mark and a 1-11 overall record. On Thursday, Idaho State dropped a home game to North Dakota 66-53.
- The Bears come into Saturday with a 16-29 all-time mark against Idaho State, but have been better in Big Sky play as they've won 5 out of the 12 contests. Last season, the Bengals swept the two matchups, including a wild 99-94 double-overtime thriller in Poctello.
- Idaho State is led by senior guard Melvin Morgan, who is average a team-high 11.5 points per game. Morgan is second on the team with 32 assists and is also averaging 3.8 rebounds per contest.
NORTHERN COLORADO NOTEWORTHY:
- Redshirt junior Tate Unruh led the Bears in their loss Thursday to Weber State. In that game, he scored a team-high 15 points including three 3-pointers. With those three made three-point buckets, Unruh made it 100 threes for his career. He is the Bears' active leader in that category.
- Unruh has been consistent in his production from behind the arc, as he now has hit at least one three in his last 18 games.
- Center Connor Osborne will be looking to make it back-to-back productive nights on the glass for the Bears, as he pulled down a season-high eight rebounds Thursday against Weber State. It was the first time since Dec. 8 against Wichita State, that Osborne grabbed more than four rebounds.
- Redshirt sophomore Tevin Svihovec is undoubtedly looking forward to playing Idaho State again. In last year's double-OT thriller, as a redshirt freshman, Svihovec put up 30 points on 11-of-16 shooting. He also make 3-of-6 from behind the arc and 5-of-6 from the charity stripe.