Big Sky play begins with annual Pacific Northwest trip
PORTLAND, Ore. -- A fresh start is awaiting B.J. Hill's Northern Colorado men's basketball program.
The Bears (4-7) have struggled a bit so far through their nonconference schedule, but that all falls besides the wayside at 7:05 p.m. Wednesday with the start of the 2010-11 Big Sky Conference schedule.
It won't be an easy reboot, however. First up for Northern Colorado will be Portland State (7-5), which owns an 11-1 all-time mark against the Bears and a 6-0 mark at home.
Hill's program is looking to end a four-game losing streak and avoid losing five games in a row for the first time since 2007.
- Game 12: Northern Colorado (4-7; 0-6 away) at Portland State (7-5; 5-1 at home)
- When: 7:05 p.m. (PT) Wednesday, Dec. 29
- Where: Stott Center (1,500)
- Coaches: Northern Colorado's B.J. Hill (4-7 overall) takes on Portland State's Tyler Geving (20-24 at Portland State)
- All-time series: The Vikings are 11-1 all-time in the series that started in 1974-75; PSU won the first 11 games and is 6-0 in Portland
- TV: None
- Radio: KFKA-AM 1310 (Troy Coverdale)
- Live video stream: www.b2tv.com
- Live stats: GoViks.com
WITH A WIN ...
- The Bears would put the skids on a season-long four game losing streak and avoid losing five straight games for the first time since the end of the 2006-07 season (Feb. 1-27).
- Northern Colorado would improve to 3-2 all-time in Big Sky Conference openers, bouncing back from a 87-63 loss at Montana State in their first league game last season.
- The Bears would claim their first "road" win of 2010 after losing their previous six road contests and winning a neutral game against Bethune-Cookman at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
- Northern Colorado would win two-in-a-row against the Vikings and earn its first-ever victory against them in Portland. PSU is 11-1 all-time against the Bears and 6-0 against them in Portland.
- Head coach B.J. Hill would surpass the first-year win total of predecessor Tad Boyle, who finished 4-24 in his first year in Greeley.