Intense Road Trip Begins Against Fresno State
GAME DAY NOTES: at Fresno State
Date: Thursday, Dec. 18, 2008
Tip: 9 p.m. (MT)
Location: Fresno, Calif.
Venue: Save Mart Center
Radio: 1310 KFKA (Greeley)
Talent: Troy Coverdale
Live stats: none
Web stream: 1310KFKA.com
Series: Fresno State, 1-0
Last: FS, 73-68 at FS (12/19/60)
SOME STORY LINES
- Northern Colorado continues a five-games-in-eight-days stretch tonight against the Western Athletic Conference’s Fresno State -- the Bears’ second game of the 2008 Findlay Toyota Las Vegas Classic.
- The Bears lost their first game of the Classic, dropping an 85-66 decision at Creighton on Saturday, Dec. 13, in Omaha, Neb.
- Northern Colorado coach Tad Boyle has never faced a WAC team as a head coach, but he’ll face two of them on this road trip. The Bears will face fellow-WAC team San Jose State on Saturday night, Dec. 20.
- This is the first time Northern Colorado and Fresno State have played since the 1960-61 season. The Bulldogs defeated the Bears 73-68 on Dec. 12, 1960, in Fresno, Calif.
12/19/60 - @ Fresno St. - L, 73-68
ABOUT THE BULLDOGS
- Fresno State, coached by Steve Cleveland, features four players averaging double-figure scoring -- Paul George (15.7), Sylvester Seay (12.9), Dwight O’Neil (11.7) and Mychal Ladd (11.0).
- The Bulldogs feature many young and new faces this season. Six freshman and two junior transfers are on the roster, while only one senior, O'Neil, is on the team.
- Fresno State is 1-1 this season against Big Sky teams. It opened the season with a 77-65 home victory against Sacramento State, and lost at home last Sunday, Dec. 14, against Montana (69-65).