November 18, 2008
Bears Ready To Tangle With the Rams
GAME DAY NOTES: Colorado State
- The Bears are coming into a game against CSU following a win against the Rams the previous season for the first time since 1986-87. Northern Colorado won that game 56-54 in Ft. Collins and won last year’s game 72-59 in Greeley.
- The Rams defeated Big Sky-team Montana by 30 (85-55) on Friday night, Nov. 14, so tonight’s game will be be a good barometer for Northern Colorado.
- Northern Colorado’s Jabril Banks and Robert Palacios, both junior-college transfers, played with current Colorado State star Marcus Walker at Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa, Iowa. Walker transferred to Indian Hills from Nebraska and played with Banks and Palacios during their sophomore years.
- The teams first met, under different names, during the 1901-1902 season. The Bears lost 64-15.
- The teams first met during the 1901-1902 season.
- The Rams hold a 65-37 advantage in the series.
- Northern Colorado won last year’s game 72-59 at Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion
- Northern Colorado caoch Tad Boyle is 1-1 against Colorado State.