Football Preview: #7 Northern Iowa
• Saturday will be Live Like Austin Day, where the Bears will honor Austin Ervin, a young man who suffers from 80-100 seizures a day. The Bears have wristbands and T-shirts for sale all week to help benefit Ervin's family. T-shirts can be bought at the stadium on Saturday and wristbands are for sale through the director of football operations, Zak Bigelow.
• Senior wide receiver Jace Davis had nine receptions for 73 yards on Saturday against Wyoming, moving him past his position coach, Keith Grable (1996-99) and Eric Nelson (1999-02) into sixth on the career receiving yards list with 2,026. Davis also moved into fifth on the all-time receptions chart, passing Bill Krueger (1985-88) and he now has 139 catches.
• Northern Colorado leads the Big Sky Conference with five interceptions through three games. Three other teams in the league have four picks. The Bears are also the least penalized team in the league, averaging just 28.3 penalty yards per game.
• Junior wide receiver Dimitri Stimphil ranks fourth in the Big Sky Conference in receiving yards per game, averaging 103.7 a contest.
• Junior linebacker Max Flores ranks second in the league in tackles per game with 10.7 per game and is tied for third with 0.83 quarterback sacks a contest. He is also tied for seventh with 1.33 tackles per loss per game.
• Northern Colorado and Northern Iowa have not met on the gridiron since 1926. The Bears own a 1-0-1 record against the Panthers, who are currently ranked seventh in the nation in both polls.