November 8, 2012
Football Preview: Game 10 at Weber State
• Senior WR/RS Dominic Gunn was named The Sports Network Special Teams Player of the Week and shared the honors in the Big Sky Conference after amassing 182 all-purpose yards in the win over Portland State, which included an 83-yard punt return for a touchdown.
• Both Weber State and Northern Colorado are 0-3 this season against common opponents in 2012, falling to Sacramento State, Cal Poly and Montana.
• Junior QB Seth Lobato needs just 263 passing yards to become just the fifth player in Northern Colorado history with 5,000 career yards. Lobato has 4,737 yards, passing current offensive coordinator Jon Boyer (2000-01) on Saturday for seventh all-time.
• Senior Dominic Gunn also needs just 71 more all-purpose yards to be one of five players in school history with 4,000 yards in that category. Gunn has 3,929 with two games remaining in his standout career.
• Northern Colorado sits at three victories, tied for the most in a season since the Bears joined the Big Sky Conference in 2006. The Bears will also be going for a school-record third Big Sky victory on Saturday.
• Junior K Dave Eden became the Division I scoring leader for the Bears on Saturday at Portland State. He now has 128 points in three years, breaking Michael York's previous record of 127 (2006-09).
• Senior DB Marcel Gibbons became the third different player this year to block a kick, blocking a PAT at Portland State on Saturday. It is the second block of Gibbons' career, as he also blocked a field goal attempt last year against North Dakota.