October 10, 2012
Football Preview: Game 6 at Cal Poly
Northern Colorado at Cal Poly
Alex G. Spanos Stadium | San Luis Obispo, CA | 7:05 pm (MT)
Listen: 1310 KFKA
Video Stream: Big Sky TV
Northern Colorado Notes
Cal Poly Notes
Big Sky Conference Notes
• In the last two games against Montana, Dominic Gunn has recorded 495 all-purpose yards and scored three touchdowns.
• Dominic Gunn is just four yards shy of his Division I single season record of 248 punt return yards from 2010.
• The Bears had two of the four longest kickoff returns in the school's Division I history against Montana with a 98-yard return by Dominic Gunn and a 56-yard return by Will Jefferson Jr.
• Senior Mason Puckett averaged 46.1 yards per punt (seven punts) against Montana, the third best single-game average in Bears' Division I history (minimum three punts).
• Junior quarterback Seth Lobato tied current offensive coordinator Jon Boyer (2000-01) with 307 career completions.
• With 59 more yards of total offense, junior Seth Lobato will jump into the top 10 in school history. Lobato currently has 3,719 yards for 12th all-time.
• Cal Poly is the first of two newcomers to the Big Sky the Bears will face this season. Northern Colorado also hosts North Dakota in the season finale on Nov. 17.
• Northern Colorado has three active players on defense with more than 150 career tackles. Junior LB Clarence Bumpas leads the way with 194, while senior LB Cameron Friend has 162 and senior DB Marcel Gibbons has 167.
• After having 20 plays for 20 or more yards in the team's first four games of the season, the Bears had 10 go for 20 or longer against Montana on Saturday.