October 3, 2012
Football Preview: Game 5 vs Montana
Montana at Northern Colorado
Nottingham Field | Greeley, CO
Watch: ROOT Sports
Listen: 1310 KFKA
Video Streaming: NONE
Northern Colorado Notes
Big Sky Conference Notes
• With the 33-yard pass to Darin McDonald at Montana State, junior quarterback Seth Lobato has now connected with 11 different receivers in the first four games.
• Junior Dave Eden broke the school's Division I record for PAT with his kick at Montana State. He now has 51, passing Michael York (2006-09) who made 50 during his career. Eden has also made at least one field goal in each of the last three games and tied the Division I mark with three against the Bobcats (40, 42, 38).
• Northern Colorado is 1-11 all-time against Montana with a 1-4 mark at home. The Bears won the first-ever meeting, 27-19 on Oct. 23, 1976 and have lost 10 straight.
• Last year at Montana, Dominic Gunn had a career-best 215 all-purpose yards (55 receiving, 152 kickoff return, 8 punt return). Gunn recorded a 94-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the second quarter, the first return touchdown of his career.
• Northern Colorado has three active players on defense with more than 150 career tackles. Junior LB Clarence Bumpas leads the way with 186, while senior LB Cameron Friend has 162 and senior DB Marcel Gibbons has 161.
• Last week was the first mid-season bye for the team since the 2008 season when the Bears had a week between the season opener at Purdue and the home opener against Texas State.
• Lobato became the fourth-fastest quarterback in Northern Colorado history to reach 3,000 passing yards in his career, doing so in his 17th contest. In 18 games, Lobato has thrown for 3,443 yards.