Gameday Preview: Northern Arizona
|Game 10||Northern Colorado (0-9, 0-6) at Northern Arizona (3-5, 2-4)|
|Date||Saturday, Nov. 5 | 4:05 pm (MT)|
|Location||Flagstaff, Ariz. | J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome|
|Fan Info||Gameday Information|
|Stadium||Seating Chart | Directions|
|Radio||KFKA 1310 (Greeley)|
|Live Coverage||Live Stats|
|@unc_bears | @uncofootball|
|Game Notes||Northern Colorado | Northern Arizona | Big Sky Conference|
• Senior WR Patrick Walker was named the Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS Offensive, National Football Foundation and Big Sky Offensive Player of the Week for his 10-catch, 315-yard performance against North Dakota.
• Sophomore quarterback Seth Lobato threw five passes for more than 35 yards against North Dakota, giving him 2,000 passing yards for his career (2,021). Lobato is up to fourth in the Big Sky statistics in passing yards per game at 237.6.
• Sophomore linebacker Clarence Bumpas continues to lead the Big Sky and rank 5th in the NCAA in tackles per game with 12.8 and has been in double digits in seven straight.
• Walker now ranks seventh in the nation in receiving yards per game (102.22) and eighth in receptions per game (7.33), but ranks third in the Big Sky in both categories.
• After blocking only one kick in the first eight games of the year, the Bears blocked two against North Dakota, including the first blocked field goal since 2007.
• In the last three games, the Bears have averaged 395.0 yards of total offense, over 100 yards better than their season average of 286.9 per contest.
• The team's 229.7 passing yards per game ranks second on the Northern Colorado single season list for Division I years, trailing only the 245.1 from 1998.
• Northern Colorado has started seven freshmen this season (five true) and played a total of 12 (eight true) in 2011.
• With one sack against North Dakota on Saturday, the 2011 team has matched last year's total of 17.0.