Gameday Preview: Idaho State
|Game 3||Northern Colorado (0-2, 0-0) at Idaho State (1-1, 0-0)|
|Date||Saturday, Sept. 17 | 4:05 pm (MT)|
|Location||Pocatello, Idaho | Holt Arena|
|Radio||KFKA 1310 (Greeley)|
|Live Coverage||Live Stats | Live Video|
|@unc_bears | @uncofootball|
|Game Notes||Northern Colorado | Idaho State | Big Sky Conference|
• Northern Colorado has won its last three contests against Idaho State and is 3-2 against the Bengals since joining the Big Sky Conference in 2006.
• Senior Patrick Walker needs five more receptions to establish a new school record at Division I for career catches. He currently has 105 receptions, while Alex Thompson (2008-09) owns the mark with 109.
• The Bears lead the Big Sky Conference with four interceptions through two games. A season ago, the team had nine picks in 11 games.
• The Bears also lead the league with a +3 turnover margin. The team has five take-aways (one fumble, four interceptions) with just two give-aways (two interceptions).
• Northern Colorado is 0-5 in Big Sky Conference openers. This is the fifth year the Bears have opened league play on the road with the only home opener coming in 2008 against Northern Arizona.
• In three games against Idaho State, Patrick Walker has 12 catches for 110 yards, while senior quarterback Dylan Orms has a .731 pass completion percentage. On defense, both Nick Hernon and Marcus Lucas have two quarterback hurries and Marcel Gibbons and Colby Riggins have two pass breakups.
• Dominic Gunn now ranks fourth all-time at Northern Colorado with 954 kickoff return yards.
• Idaho State enters Saturday's game as the top-ranked passing offense team in the nation, averaging 430.5 yards per game. In two games, they have thrown 100 passes with six touchdowns.