Post-Game Notes: South Dakota at Northern Colorado
- Game Captains: Offense - Senior quarterback Bryan Waggener and senior receiver Alex Thompson; Defense - Junior linebacker James Schrenk; Special Teams - Senior Ryan Lutz.
- Junior linebacker John Eddy recorded his 100th career tackle in the first half and now has 107 and senior safety Stephen Michon tallied his 200th career tackle and has 201.
- Senior receiver Alex Thompson became just the 11th player in Northern Colorado history to catch 50 or more passes in a single-season as he now has 53 receptions for 680 yards. That total ranks him 10th on the single-season charts for the Bears.
- Senior quarterback Bryan Waggener moved up one spot in career passing yards to seventh with 4,431 yards and jumped two spots in total offense with 4,619 yards.
- The win was the eighth straight in Greeley against South Dakota and improves the Bears series record to 20-13 against the Coyotes.
- Junior safety Max Hewitt tallied his third interception of the season and the ninth of his career, saving a touchdown in the third quarter. He has now returned those nine picks a total of 151 yards.
- Senior linebacker Logan Zabel notched the first interception of his career, doing so late in the fourth quarter to help preserve the win. He had a 17-yard return, which is the fourth-longest on the team this year.
- Eddy has recorded double figure tackles in three of the last four games for the Bears after posting 11. He has 41 tackles over the last four games.
- This is the fourth time this season Waggener has completed more than 20 passes in a game and the fifth straight game he has thrown for more than 200 yards. It is also the fourth straight game he has rushed for positive yardage.