October 3, 2009
Post-Game Notes: Northern Colorado at Northern Arizona
- Captains for the game were offense: Tim McGraw, defense: Stephen Michon and special teams: Jhamele Robinson.
- For the first time since 2004, a Northern Colorado player caught 10 or more passes in a game. Alex Thompson led the Bears with 12 catches for 164 yards. The last time a student-athlete had 10 or more was when Vincent Jackson caught 10 passes against Florida Atlantic on Oct. 16, 2004.
- Thompson also became the first player since 2006 to score three or more touchdowns in a game. The last was Andre Wilson against Western Illinois on Sept. 23, 2006.
- Thompson's 12 pass receptions ties for the second-most in a single game in school history. Two other players, Barry West and Kim Boerema have accomplished the feat with Boerema doing so four times in 1985.
- Today marked the second time this season and the third time in his career as a Bear Thompson had more than 100 reception yards in a game.
- Sophomore punter Cameron Kaman recorded his second-straight game with a punt of 50 or more yards, booting a 53-yarder to give him 13 in his career.
- Senior kicker Michael York is now seventh in school history with 18 made field goals. York made field goals of 19 and 34 yards in the fourth quarter.
- The 292 passing yards by quarterback Bryan Waggener is a season-high for the senior. His 28 completions is the second-highest total in his career behind the 31 against Texas State from 2008.
- The four forced fumbles by the defense is the most since the team began the transition to Division I. Five times previously the Bears had forced three fumbles.
- Kaman punted six times in the game and he pinned the Lumberjacks inside the 20 on four of the six.