September 12, 2009
Post-Game Notes: San Diego at Northern Colorado
Northern Colorado vs San Diego Notes, Sept. 12, 2009
- Andre Harris' 152 rushing yards in the game is the most since Andre Wilson rushed for 158 against Western Illinois on Sept. 23, 2006.
- Saturday marked the ninth time (in 12 games) senior quarterback Bryan Waggener has thrown for over 200 yards in a game. He completed 10 passes for 221 yards and one touchdown.
- Senior wide receiver Alex Thompson caught four passes for 106 yards and one touchdown. It is the second time he has had more than 100 reception yards in a game at Northern Colorado.
- Junior cornerback Korey Askew tallied his third career interception with a 24-yard pick in the second quarter.
- Junior safety Max Hewitt recorded the seventh interception of his career against San Diego, while senior cornerback Quincy Wofford had his sixth and sophomore Chuks Nweke tallied his first.
- Askew, for the second straight game, tallied a career-high in tackles, leading the team with 10.
- Junior linebacker Matt King had his second career sack, this one for a loss of 13 yards.
- Harris' 152 rushing yards gave the Bears three straight games against FCS competition with a 100-yard rusher, as David Woods gained 102 yards at Sacramento State and 121 yards at Portland State to close the 2008 season.
- Waggener's pass to Thompson in the first quarter for 80 yards and a touchdown ties for the fifth longest passing play in school history. Corte McGuffey passed to current running backs coach Keith Grable against Adams State in 1998 and Nick Hager completed an 80-yard pass to Cory Sleeth against Colorado School of Mines in 2005.
- King recorded the 100th tackle of his career with his final stop of the game.
- Senior kicker Michael York is now ninth all-time in field goals made with 16, passing Mike Williams (1972-75) with 15.